CATCH Institute Areas of Study
What are the benefits of the CATCH Institute approach?
- Learn from industry experts in the classes
- Access professional-grade learning facilities, from kitchen to the new gaming lab
- Get real-time tour planning experience
Learn about all aspects of the industries to maximize your employability.
Turn your passion for food and flavors into a life calling. The Culinary Arts program at BCC prepares you for entry-level and advanced positions in food preparation or in the front of the house. Culinary prepares you for high-level kitchen work, and the Baking and Pastry Arts program focuses on desserts, bread products, showpieces, and cake creation.
- Culinary Essentials and Advanced Culinary
- Tableside Cooking
- Mixology and Bar Management
- Computer Essentials
- Sanitation (leading to ServSafe certification)
- Chocolate and Sugar Work
Make it your job to help others play – that’s the opportunity in Casino Management. The expansion of gaming in New England offers spinoff growth for other leisure industries in the region. Workers need to have critical-thinking skills and a solid skill base, as well as an understanding of all aspects of the industry. With the CATCH Institute’s multi-disciplinary approach, you get exposed to all the pieces that make up a successful casino – including restaurants and hotels.
- Loss Prevention
- Social Issues
- Business and Information Management
- Accounting for Casino Operations
- Marketing for Casino Operations
Travel is the ultimate adventure, and as the world gets smaller, you can take a role in helping others experience it. Learn the communications and organizational skills you need to create experiences that others will remember forever.
- Tour, Meeting, and Event Planning
- Hotel and Motel Management, Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations