Home Internet Service
Do you need Internet service at home? We want to make you aware of special offers from Comcast and Cox.
Comcast. In response to the Coronavirus, Comcast is offering internet service assistance to qualifying low-income families.
- Low-income families in the Comcast service area can sign up for 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month.
- Comcast is increasing Internet speeds for the Internet Essentials service from 15/2 Mbps to 25/3 Mbps for all new and existing customers, which will be the speed of the service going forward.
For more information about Internet Essentials Internet service from Comcast Cable, including qualifications, please visit www.internetessentials.com, or call 1.855.846.8376 for English or 1.855.765.6995 for Spanish.
Charter. Charter offers free access to Spectrum broadband and WiFi for 60 days for new K-12 and college student households
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and WiFi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- Charter will offer Spectrum Internet Assist, high-speed broadband program to eligible low-income households, delivering speeds of 30 Mbps.
- Charter will open its WiFi hotspots across its footprint for public use.
- Spectrum does not have data caps or hidden fees.
For more information about Spectrum broadband and WiFi from Charter, please visit https://www.spectrum.com/, or call 1.844.488.8395.
Cox. Cox is also helping get families in need connected to the Internet through their Connect2Compete program.
- For a limited-time, Cox is offering 30 days of complimentary Connect2Compete Internet service, available for $9.95/month thereafter.
- Until May 12, 2020, Cox is offering phone and remote desktop support through Cox Complete Care at no charge to provide peace of mind and ease for technology needs.
- Cox is providing resources for discounted, refurbished equipment through their association with PCs for People.
For more information about Connect2Compete Internet service from Cox, please visit www.cox.com/c2c. Program eligibility and other restrictions apply.
Xfinity. Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser. Read more about what Comcast is offering in response to the coronavirus.
Digital Productivity Tools
Bristol faculty, staff and students have access to an entire suite of Microsoft Office tools to get work done. This includes Office 365 products such as Microsoft Teams, Outlook email, Word, Excel and more.
We strongly suggest you download these apps to your devices to prepare for the event of having to work remotely.