Our facilities department is continuing to take every precaution including making sure that hand sanitizer dispensers are filled and classrooms and public areas around the college are being disinfected and cleaned well at all locations. Reminder, hand sanitizer is available in dispensers throughout the college, in each building on every floor in multiple locations.
There are simple things you can do to help keep yourself and others healthy.
- Learn about influenza and how to prevent and control the spread of disease.
- Cold vs. Flu: How to tell the difference.
Stop the spread of germs:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into the inside of your elbow.
- Stay home when you are sick. Help keep everyone safe!
- There is still time to get your flu vaccine to protect against the seasonal flu.
We can help!
There's a lot of information out there and we know it can feel overwhelming. Wanting to check in with someone to make sure that you are staying on the right track is a good idea. Students can contact Student Wellness and The Care Team. Employees have access to Mass4You through the Commonwealth.
- Student Wellness
Michael Bensink and Jill Apicerno, Mental Health Counseling, Bristol Community College,
Student Wellness 774-357-2234 or Michael.Bensink@BristolCC.edu and Jill.Apicerno@BristolCC.edu
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Employee Assistance Program
Mass4You or call 844-263-1982 (available 24/7)