CORONAVIRUS, SAFETY PRECAUTIONS & TESTING
STUDENT LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
To empower students by providing tools, skills, and resources that will allow participants to become effective, inclusive, and equitable leaders at Bristol Community College and beyond.
The Bristol Multicultural Student Center Leadership Program is open to all students who meet the following requirements:
- Must fill out the Leadership Program application.
- Students must have completed at least 1 full semester at Bristol Community College.
**A cap of 20 students will be allowed into the program each semester.
Students will learn:
- Personal leadership style, assets, and strengths.
- Important leadership skills such as critical thinking, conflict resolution, and decision making.
- About tools that will help in leadership positions such as time management, agenda setting, and team building.
- Communicate with people from diverse cultures, races, and social groups.
- To integrate lived experiences into the leadership development.
- To engage in social responsibility and serve as positive social change agents.
In order to successfully complete the Leadership Program students will:
- Participate in 8 interactive workshops specifically created for the leadership program.
- Take part in two Multicultural Student Center programs/events.
- Engage in reflection journals and assignments throughout the program.
Students who successfully complete the Bristol Multicultural Student Center Leadership Program will receive a certificate of completion and recognition at the Multicultural Student Center Celebration of Excellence and Equity Ceremony held in May.
Students who complete the leadership program will be eligible to be a peer mentor in the Multicultural Student Center Peer Mentorship Program.