CORONAVIRUS, SAFETY PRECAUTIONS & TESTING
Community Service Leader Program
Through this program students receive special training to learn project design skills, problem-solving strategies, team-building skills, and how to identify community needs. Students in the program design and implement a project that aims to address the unmet community need.
Steps involved for becoming a Community Service Leader:
- Complete a service-learning project.
- Attend a Civic Engagement leadership training or participate in a community leadership seminar (PSY 271 or PSY 295).
- Design a service project that meets a community need, then recruit and lead a minimum of 5 peers on the project. Submit a Leadership Application by week 4 of semester.
- After performing service, submit a Leadership Record by week 11 of semester. If taken for Service-Learning credit, complete the required reflection assignment.
- Receive a certificate of accomplishment as a Community Service Leader and be publicly recognized at commencement by wearing a red cord and receiving a special notation in the commencement program.