Emerging Scholars Program
The Emerging Scholars Program (formally Connection Services) seeks to provide Bristol students on warning and probation with an academic support system to assist in the realization of their academic goals. Students enrolled in the program will be matched with an Emerging Scholars Advocate who will meet regularly with them one on one to develop individualized plans for academic success.
Participating in the Emerging Scholars Program can help you:
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses and help you recognize ways to capitalize on your individual academic talents and skills.
- Develop new skills and strategies that may be useful as you pursue your education
- Connect you with valuable resources and services available on campus.
The Emerging Scholars main office is located within the Academic Advising Department at the Fall River campus (G200). Emerging Scholars Advocates are available to students at all Bristol locations:
- Attleboro: Contact Lara Akinyemi at email@example.com or 774.357.3039
- New Bedford: Contact Deb Palumbo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 774.357.2758
- Fall River and Taunton: Contact Laura Kajan at email@example.com or 774.357.3505
For general questions and information about the Emerging Scholars Program please call 774-357-3505. For information on Academic Standing and the Academic Dismissal and Reinstatement process please refer to the Academic Catalog or call 774.357.2186.