Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS)
The ATI TEAS is a required test for students applying to Nursing and Dental Hygiene. The test measures basic essential skills in the academic content area domains of reading, mathematics, science and English and language usage. The exam is computerized and comprised of four timed sections:
- Reading: 53 questions – 64 minutes
- Math: 36 questions – 54 minutes
- Science: 53 questions – 63 minutes
- English and Language Usage: 28 questions – 28 minutes
Scheduling Your Exam
Applicants must attend a mandatory health science information session before registering for the TEAS exam.
TEAS at Bristol is administered September through January. To register for the TEAS test, visit the Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) testing site and create an account.
- For registration assistance, contact ATI at 1.800.667.7531.
- The fee is $80 and non-refundable. Payment is made online directly to ATI at the time of scheduling.
To request testing accommodations due to a documented disability, contact your Bristol learning specialist in advance of the exam. If you are not a current Bristol student, register with the Office of Disability Services by contacting 774.357.2295 or email@example.com.
Prepare/Take the Test
Review test preparation materials and tips on the ATI website.
TEAS exams are administered in the Testing Center located on the Fall River campus in the Commonwealth College Center (G building), Room 218.
- Examinees must achieve a total score of 50% or higher.
- Effective for Fall 2019 applicants, 14 days must elapse between test date and the retake.
- Test results that are more than three (3) years old from the test date will not be accepted.
- Examinees who have taken the TEAS at another institution must have an official copy of the test results sent to the Admissions Office. This may be requested through Assessment Technologies Institute.