Mental Health Counseling

Mental Health Counseling (also called Personal Counseling) in a community college setting places emphasis on psycho-educational and developmental issues. Typically, the focus is on managing temporary problems of daily living, rather than treating psychological disorders. 

A counselor can help you think about events in a more rational way, so that you can gain perspective, make good choices, and experience less stress. And, of course, a counselor can help you with academic issues, such as test anxiety. A community college counselor can also screen you for depression, anxiety, and other psychological disorders and, if necessary, refer them to community resources that provide therapy.

Counseling Services offers a friendly, supportive environment where free, confidential services are provided for you. The following Mental Health services are provided by Counseling Services:

  • Short-term Therapy
  • Assessment
  • Substance Use (Alcohol and other drug) Screening
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Appropriate Referrals for Treatment
  • Free, Anonymous, and Confidential Online Assessments:

Scheduling Appointments

To making an appointment to speak with someone or to learn more about Counseling:

  • Fall River Campus: Call 508.678.2811, ext. 2234 or 2227 or stop by G211 on the Fall River campus.
  • New Bedford Campus: Call 580.678.2811, ext 4008 or 4064.
  • Attleboro Campus or Taunton Center: Call at 508.678.2811, ext. 3522 or 3527.