The Student Employment Handbook can assist you in your role as supervisor. Please review the handbook for information regarding:
- Requesting Student Help
- Pay Rate and Hours
- Supervision, Termination, Evaluation
- Supervisor's Responsibilities
- Student's Responsibilities
Referral, Interview, Hire Process
- Positions are posted online.
- Eligible students are mailed/given a Referral Form. This form indicates that the student is prequalified for federal work study funding.
- Students contact you directly.
- You can interview as few/many students as you need to determine your final candidate. Keep in mind that students may be interviewing with others and will often select the first offer received.
- Be sure that the students you interview have the Referral Form. The online posting is viewable by the public and, on occasion, a student who has not qualified for funding may contact you. The Referral Form is the tool to determine who is an eligible candidate.
- Once you make your final decision, notify all the students you interviewed.
- Provide the name and ID of the student you choose to hire to Amy Marden in the Financial Aid Office.
- The student will need to follow the directions on the Referral Form regarding the completion of payroll documents.
- The Financial Aid Office will complete the Personnel Action Form and forward the documents to the Human Resources Office.
- An electronic timesheet will be sent to you by the Payroll Office. It is only at this point that the student can actually begin working. Note that this is a change from prior practice and the student's actual start date cannot be before you receive the timesheet.
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 14:45:00 GMT