College Placement Tests
Testing at BCC is free and students are allowed one re-test. Students can expect to finish the exam in 1.5 to 2 hours.
|Test||Number of Questions||Time Limit|
|Written Essay||N/A||50 minutes|
|Accuplacer Reading Comprehension||20 multiple choice questions||Untimed/computerized|
|Accuplacer Arithmetic||17 multiple choice questions||Untimed/computerized|
|Accuplacer Elementary Algebra||12 multiple choice questions||Untimed/computerized|
Students Needing Accommodations
Non-Native English Speaker
If English is not your first language, please contact Livia Neubert, ESL Coordinator at 774.357.2476 or email@example.com.
Students may be exempt from all or part of the placement test.
- Successful completion of a college-level English or Math course. Official transcripts are submitted to the Admissions Office.
- Accuplacer Scores from another institution. Official score reports can be mailed, emailed, or faxed to the Testing Center and must come directly from the other college. We will accept any passing scores and contact you with the results. You may still be required to take some tests at BCC.
- SAT scores. If you scored over 500 on the SAT Reading and Writing, you will not take the Reading portion of the test. If you scored over 600 on the SAT Reading and Writing, you will not take the Reading and Writing sections of the test. There are currently no exemptions for SAT math scores. Official score reports from the College Board are required.
- CLEP scores. (College-Level Examination Program) Official score reports from the College Board are required.
- AP scores. Students who earn AP Exam scores of 3 or above are generally considered to be qualified to receive college credit and/or placement into advanced courses due to the fact that their AP Exam scores are equivalent to a college course score of “middle C “ or above. Official score reports from the College Board are required. Learn more by visiting the PLA equivalency guide.
Testing Scores from Another Institution
ACCUPLACER Reading, Arithmetic and Elementary Algebra scores are accepted at BCC. Official score reports must be mailed, e-mailed or faxed directly from the other college. The writing test for English must be taken at BCC.
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 16:45:00 GMT