Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS)
The ATI TEAS is a required test for students applying to Nursing and Dental Hygiene. The ATI TEAS measures basic essential skills in the academic content area domains of reading, mathematics, science and English and language usage.
These entry level skills were deemed important for health science program applicants by a panel of subject matter experts. Click here to learn more.
The exam is computerized and comprised of four timed sections:
- Reading: 53 questions – 64 minutes
- Math: 36 questions – 54 minutes
- Science: 53 questions – 63 minutes
- English and Language Usage: 28 questions – 28 minutes
Scheduling an Exam
To register for the TEAS test, go to www.atitesting.com, create an account, and then select “Register for TEAS.”
- For registration assistance, contact ATI at (800) 667-7531. Payment is made online directly to Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) at the time of scheduling.
- The fee is $80.00 and non-refundable.
- If examinees are unable to keep their original appointment, they must contact ATI (800) 667-7531 at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled test date. Failure to do so will require an additional testing fee.
To request testing accommodations due to a documented disability, contact your BCC learning specialist.
- Examinees must achieve a total score of 50% or higher.
- Sixty (60) days must elapse between the original test date and the retake.
- Test results that are more than three (3) years old from the test date will not be accepted.
- Examinees who have taken the TEAS at another institution must have an official copy of the test results sent to the Admissions Office. This may be requested through Assessment Technologies Institute.
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 14:45:00 GMT