The state of Massachusetts requires some students to submit proof of immunizations no later than 30 days after the start of classes.
Requirements apply to the following students:
- Full-time students, under 30 years of age, who are taking at least 12 credits in any semester.
- Full-time Clinical Health Science students, regardless of age.
- Full-time or part-time students attending Bristol while on a student VISA, including foreign exchange.
A detailed explanation of the required immunization information is provided below.
- Tdap/Td -1 dose within the last 10 years.
- Hepatitis B - 3 doses or laboratory evidence of immunity.
- MMR - 2 doses or laboratory evidence of immunity.
- Varicella - 2 doses or laboratory evidence of immunity or reliable history of chicken pox.
- Meningococcal - 1 dose MenACWY (formerly MCV4) required for all full-time students 21 years of age or younger. The vaccine must have been given on or after student’s 16th birthday. Students may decline the MenACWY vaccine after they have read and signed the MDPH Meningococcal Information and Waiver Form provided by their institution.
Failure to submit your immunization records will result in an enrollment hold being placed on your Bristol record, which will prevent registration for future courses. Immunization records may be obtained from your doctor’s office, elementary or high school, your State Board of Health, your town nurse, or your military records (if applicable).
Please submit your immunization records in one of the following ways: in person to Health Services in E104, by fax to 508.730.3268, or via email to HealthServices@bristolcc.edu.
Please include your student ID number and program of study.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Health Services in person by visiting Health Services (E104) in Fall River, by phone at 774.357.2232, or by email at HealthServices@Bristolcc.edu.
Students who do not complete this requirement will have a hold placed on their record to prevent class registration and release of official transcripts.
Obtaining Immunization Records
Students may obtain a copy of their immunization records on file at Bristol. Requests for records can be made in-person at Health Services in E-104 or in writing to HealthServices@Bristolcc.edu. Students must sign a release form and provide proof of identity (Bristol ID, Valid Driver’s License, or Passport) to enable the release.