CORONAVIRUS, SAFETY PRECAUTIONS & TESTING
Facilities & Cleaning
We will continue to provide enhanced cleaning measures to assist in safeguarding our students and employees from the transmission of COVID-19. Common areas and restrooms are being sanitized more frequently and complimentary sanitization products will be offered throughout the campus.
Bristol has secured enough cleaning supplies and is prepared to disinfect all common surfaces throughout campus at regular, frequent intervals.
- Frequent sanitization of high-touch areas, such as workstations, equipment, screens, doorknobs, restrooms, public use printers, and copiers throughout the campus will be conducted.
- Fogging machines will be used, at least daily, to sanitize rooms, which may include classrooms and offices.
- Nanoseptic surfaces have been installed on high-touch areas.
- Additionally, cleaning supplies, disinfectant and PPE have been provided for each department.
- Classrooms will be cleaned after every class and during the regular night cleaning – all desks, podiums, knobs, etc. Signage will be used on doors to indicate that rooms have been cleaned.
- Restrooms will be stocked with toilet seat coverings. Touchless paper towel dispensers have been installed and all hand dryers have all been disabled. Facilities will maintain a cleaning schedule for restrooms.
- In the cafeteria, hand sanitizer stations are provided, and all surfaces will be disinfected on a regular basis.
- Public areas will be cleaned frequently. Any items that were frequently shared have been removed.
Disinfecting Buildings After a Positive Diagnosis
If an active employee or student is diagnosed with COVID-19, cleaning and disinfecting will be performed.
- When Bristol is notified of a positive case, EOC will establish cleaning and disinfecting protocol for affected areas.
- Building may be shut down until cleaning is completed and BOH approves reopening the building again.